If you are a car owner, have a factory service manual is definitely an essential requirement for you. This type of car manual comes directly from your car manufacturer, and contains every kind of information regarding your particular car make and model. Rather than providing reworked information like a workshop manual, factory service manuals provides complete instructions about how to diagnose issues in your car and repair them as and when needed. All in all, a factory service manual serves as your friend while you decide to work on your car on your own.
The information provided in a manual can be divided into different categories. Let’s have a look at some categories of information included in a factory service manual.
- Information Regarding the Car’s Body: This section in a car’s manual covers details about your car’s body and its parts, including the seats, doors, windows, exterior sheet, headlights, side mirrors, windshield, etc. If any physical part of your car requires repair or replacement, you will find instructions for doing that in this section.
- Mechanical Details: You cannot repair a car if you don’t understand its mechanism. You need to know how each part works. Basically, a car has thousands of parts that work in conjunction with each other to make it work. The mechanical details of your car include the technical information and electrical details of the car, so that you can identify what’s wrong with its working, and fix it like a pro.
- Fuel and Transmission: This part contains information about your car’s fuel requirements, its transmission system, its gearwork, brake system, tyres, emission, etc. These are the basis of your car’s working, and a minor glitch in any of them can cause serious consequences for your car as well as your safety on the road. Since these components are hidden in the hood, you can diagnose problems in them by noticing your car’s symptoms only. So, this section contains instructions on what symptoms to look for and how to fix them.
- Car Repairs: This section contains step by step instructions on how to dismantle different car parts, how to repair them, and how to replace the ones that cannot be repaired. Since text instructions are not enough for most car owners without mechanical knowledge, this section contains a good amount of images and diagrams to make things clear. Depending on your skill level, you can decide whether you want to conduct the repair on your own or leave it to a professional.
- Car Service: Conducting your car service on your own makes you familiar with your car and also saves a lot of money in the long run. Car service are not done when your car has a problem. They are regular maintenance tasks that are done just to ensure that everything’s fine. Car workshops charge a hefty amount of money for this minor check-up. So, why don’t you service your car yourself from now on. Refer to this section of your factory service manual and follow the instructions to do it like a pro. You will not only save money by servicing your car on your own, but will also gain confidence for getting grease on your hands.
So, find a valuable source to procure your car factory service manuals and gain all the information you direly need for your car. There are many sources that make these manuals available online for free. You can download your car’s manual in PDF format and refer to it whenever needed.